The Lee Montessori Lifelong Learning Fellowship Program seeks to identify exceptional students who will make a significant impact on the Lee Montessori community. Applicants must be able to excel academically, show exceptional leadership potential and be able to fully commit to attending and successfully completing the AMI training.
- Applicants must be of Black/African-American descent
- Must be U.S. citizens or have permanent residency
- Have attained or expect to attain by June 30, 2018 a bachelor’s degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale is preferred. (Candidates who can demonstrate excellence through other avenues will also be considered. All applications are considered in their entirety and selection is based on merit.)
Awardees must commit to continuous employment with Lee Montessori under contract for three years following the completion of the Montessori diploma program as a classroom guide at the level agreed upon by Lee Montessori leadership and the awardee. Failure to fulfill the employment requirement or successful completion of the diploma program will result in the awarded funds being owed to Lee Montessori.
Deadline Extended to April 15, 2018 - Applications and all materials for the Lee Montessori Lifelong Learning Scholarship must be submitted by this date for consideration in the program. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We will announce The Lifelong Learner Fellows in mid-April 2018.
Completed online application. The application can be found at www.leemontessori.org.
Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if award is granted, sealed, official transcripts must be provided by the issuing institution)
One-page CV or résumé of prior education, awards, fellowships, and internships
Two academic letters of recommendation sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the April 15th deadline
Eight- to ten-page academic writing sample, covering any academic topic
Essay responses to the following prompts:
Required Essay (1,250-word minimum):
1. How will attending Montessori training contribute to your immediate and long-term career plans?
Please select 1 of the following (1,000-word minimum):
2. What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Explain what impact a Montessori education would have on solving it.
3. Choose an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development as an educator.
4. Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability in your school, work or community.